Pages

Tuesday 3 November 2015

Different Ways Of Applying A White Base

    Today I decided that I wanted to try playing with my some of my white bases in my kit and see how I could apply them, to get some inspiration for my final designs for this project and these are my end results working with different techniques.
    I started applying my Charles Fox Aqua Colour in white by using my hands and dragging the colour down and around my face and my neck like the second and third image above. This effect is probably my favourite out of all four of my examples as I think it really embodies how the Elizabethans would of applied their base, and the way it just falls down the face adds a completely different mood to the Elizabethan make-up, also a mysterious or hidden vibe, just like the streaks down the neck, I think it gives the illusion of a ruff around the neck.
    My other examples includes stippling the product onto the face, and applying the white base with my hands but in a rough, messy effect which ended up creating some areas thicker than other areas on the face which I ended up really liking as it created an exaggerated version of how the Elizabethans would of applied their base. The same kind of effect was kind of created with the forth image where I stippled the product onto the face, which ended up looking like the base was wearing off the face which I also enjoyed the effect of. Overall I much prefer the third and second image as it has more of a rough texture, and also embodies the techniques the Elizabethans would have used which I look forward to using some of these techniques in my final designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment