Pages

Monday 23 November 2015

Face Chart #2

For this face chart I wanted to make to reference to the Elizabethan ruff, but in a different interpretation by using white body paint with my hands and dragging down from the jaw line onto the neck. I wanted to create the illusion of a ruff as in most of Lettice's portraits she is wearing a ruff but also in general Elizabethan portraits the sitters would be wearing a ruff. For the eyes, I wanted to show jealousy as this emotion came to mind quite a lot when researching Lettice, so I decided to have a green haze of shadow around the eyes with slight definition by using darker green shades round the inner and outer corner of the eyes. Looking back at this design I'm not 100% sure about the green eye make-up and had a thought of switching out the green to the make-up in my third face chart, and I thought that would complement the bold white ruff more.

No comments:

Post a Comment