Pages

Monday 23 November 2015

Design Influences: No Eyebrows

    In my final design after practicing my final design I decided that I didn't like the idea of having strong full brows as I felt like it made the design too contemporary which isn't what I was after for this project, so this is when I came up with the idea of switching my original idea around to no eyebrows. I'd seen a lot of inspiration for no eyebrows in previous years before this project but never had gotten the chance to use them, but here are some of my favourite fashion images that have included bleached brows or had them blocked out all together.
    I really do enjoy this trend, maybe not in an everyday situation but from a fashion point of view I do really love the way it looks! I feel like it gives a very stern look to the design without even trying to come across that way and could transform any look to have this vibe at the end. Another reason for me changing my mind is because I really wanted an element of my design to embody the Elizabethan beauty ideal and what first came to mind was to have bleached eyebrows. I also like the idea of elongating the forehead which is another important beauty ideal Elizabethans would of followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment