Pages

Monday 23 November 2015

Trial Of My Chosen Design

As I had chosen my final contemporary Elizabethan make-up look, I decided to execute the look on myself to see how my partner would recreate this on me during our times assessment. To start off I perfected my base with my usual foundation and concealer, then contoured and highlighted but added extra shine to the cheekbones to make the look even more contemporary. I then filled in my brows extra strong to follow with the strong brow trend going on at the moment, but decided against mascara to put an editorial feel to this look and I finished off my base with a bold red lip with was a classic in the Elizabethan era. Now for the main focus of the look, the white hand stripes going down the face and neck which represented the idea of an Elizabethan ruff. To create this I decided to mix Charles Fox Super and Aqua Colour and painted it on both my hands and dragged it down my face and neck and built up the colour to my desired intensity and streaky-ness.

    I'm very happy with how this turned out, however I feel like the overall design is quite plain, to change it up I was thinking of 'bleaching' my eyebrows and applying white mascara to my eyes to lean this look a bit more onto the Elizabethan side as at the moment like I said the look is a bit too contemporary and plain for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment