Pages

Saturday 7 November 2015

My Halloween Make-Up!

    Halloween is finally here so it's time to get spooky! I've always celebrated Halloween but never experimented with special effects before so this was very new to me but I was so proud of my end result and can't wait for next year to roll around! To create this gory slit neck effect I used toilet paper and liquid latex and layered it up till I got my desired shape and size and waited for it to dry. I then carefully started to cut away at the layers of latex and toilet paper and avoiding actually cutting my own skin, and pulling and tore away extra tissue paper to create the uneven tore effect until I was happy with my desired wound. I then painted in the blood by using different shades if red and also black around the edges of the wound to add depth and create a dry/old blood effect and just kept adding colour until I was happy with how it looked! I so wish I had some fake blood to finish off the look and took it to a whole new level, but for this end result I was still so proud of it considering it was my first go at special effects make-up and I plan to do so much more this coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment