Pages

Monday 23 November 2015

Design Influences: Streaky Make-Up

    These are some of the images that have inspired me for elements of my designs, and as you can see I loved the idea of having the streaky in my make-up designs. I was drawn to this idea as I thought it would be somewhat different to what other people might have designed, but also I liked my concept behind it of Elizabethans applying their base with their hands so naturally it would create these streaks on their face and neck. Another idea I had behind this is as my chosen new Elizabethan is Lettice Knollys, she was known for being very sneaky, mischievous and scandals with men so my idea of the streaky make-up stems from her hiding from everyone else and trying to show people something that she's not. For colour choices I decided to go with white for the reason that white shows shows innocents and purity which not only links in with a the historical Elizabethan make-up, but also would show the message that Lettice would want to project to people as an outside image to hide from that fact that she isn't very innocent or pure at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment