Pages

Tuesday 27 October 2015

Contouring And Highlighting

    Contouring and highlighting, one of the biggest beauty tricks around at the moment from subtle and almost nothing on the skin, to dramatic Kim Kardashian hardcore contouring and 'baking' highlights, you name it, it's probably been done in the highlighting and contouring world! But as you'll be able to see from my images above, we went very natural with our contour, highlight and blush which is perfect for our beauty portion of this project.
    I started by applying the foundation to my models skin but not powdering, as we started to contour with cream products this'll help it apply much smoother to the skin and once I was done I then went and powdered the whole face to stop creasing. I then enhanced the shadow we created and added a small touch of bronzer and blended upwards into the small touch of pink blush I applied just above the contour and slightly onto the apple of the cheek, and then moved onto highlight. For highlight I used my glam glow palette and used the highlighter that leaned more on the chrome side, then took a small fluffy brush and dusted a small amount on the very tops of the cheekbones, again blending into the blush very slightly.
    I was very pleased with my contouring and highlighting I did in this lesson and thought when I get round to shooting my beauty images, this sublet contour will really enhance shadows and light on camera making the models skin glow and creating an overall more pleasing image. I also can't wait to try out some of these techniques on my male model for my final beauty images!

No comments:

Post a Comment