Pages

Sunday 8 November 2015

Basic Eye & Lip Application


    In Thursdays practical lesson we learned about basic eye shapes and how to contour the eyes by using make-up, I was unable to attend this lesson, so in my spare time I practiced the same techniques that was used in the lesson on myself.
    I started off by analysing my own eyes to figure out what eye shape I had and came to the conclusion that my eyes was fairly even, then took my Lorac Pro palette and used two neutral shades on a fluffy blending brush to apply it to my crease. To apply the shadow I looked forward to find my crease, which is the natural crease where your eyeball and eye socket meet and placed my brush in that crease and slightly higher to create the illusion of a higher, rounded eye shape. I then used wind screen wiper motions from outer to the middle of the eye and continued until my eyeshadow was blended and at my desired opacity and added a highlight shade onto my lid and brow bone to make those areas of my eye pop out from the shadow we created.

The next step was to perfect the lips. Our lecturer gave us a unique technique of applying lipstick to the models lips, is to take an angled brush and turn it on it side then start at the top of the lip and drag down to the corner of the lip. And when it comes to the bottom lip, start from the corners and drag till you reach the middle then repeat on the opposite side then fill in lip.

No comments:

Post a Comment