Pages

Monday 12 October 2015

Make-Up Inspiration - Elizabethan Style!

    Not going to lie, but when we found out we had to create Elizabethan inspired make-up I was pretty excited as I'd had a few pictures in my inspiration folder that suit this style so much and I'm dying to recreate! As you'll be able to see I have a reference picture from the Sofia Coppola movie Marie Antoinette, even though she was alive in a completely different era the make-up though out the film is very heavily inspired by Queen Elizabeth. You can see the heavy rouge and rosy lips with basically no eyebrows and pale white skin, this is a basic adaptation from the Elizabethan make-up.
    Another big inspiration for me and for the Elizabethan make-up is Pat McGrath at John Galliano A/W '09. I absolutely adore this look, and Pat McGrath is also one of my favourite make-up artists her work is hauntingly beautiful her way of applying and using make-up is just so outrageous, but you can't look away from it. She is also very much inspired by Elizabethan make-up, if you've seen most of the shows she worked on you'll be able to see that the use of pale skin, circle rouge and pointed red lips just scream Elizabethan.
    The last two images was just ideas that I thought would good to keep in mind of what you could create. See the last image, the eyebrows are completely blank, creating a very elongated forehead which is what the Elizabethans wanted to achieve. But then a different way of creating that same look would be to just highlight the entire brow (see first photo) which just creates a very different look but still keeping in with the contemporary Elizabethan theme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment