Pages

Sunday 18 October 2015

Fake Bleaching My Eyebrows!


    I know what you're thinking, but why?! Well to answer your question because I was inspired! If anyone has seen pictures of Queen Elizabeth 1 you'll notice the eyebrows, or lack of eyebrows I should say, and if you see any fashion shoot or runway you'll come across images of the models with bleached eyebrows as the designers are inspired by the Elizabethan era.
    The Elizabethans loved that look of a large rounded forehead as they thought it made them look smarter, to achieve this look they would shave the first two inches of their hairline which you'll see from the Queens portraits and any movie adaptation the actress that played Elizabeth would have to do the same. And lastly they would keep their eyebrows light, and now it's my turn to try it out!
    I didn't want to go to the fullest for my first go so instead of using bleach I used a concealer that matched my skin tone and an eyebrow spoolie to brush the product though my brows. To make sure I got every inch of each hair I brushed the hairs upwards and downwards and repeated till I got my desired opacity. The results was interesting to be completely honest, it did freak out my flatmate and according to her I looked "alien", although this hasn't got the exact effect of bleaching your eyebrows, I still felt very weird wearing no eyebrows. I did notice that my face looked very elongated compared to when I had my eyebrows natural and I didn't hate the finish product! Even though I wouldn't of worn this outside, It isn't a look I would dismiss although even for the final look for our Elizabethan make-up which I was contemplating on recreating anyway.
    Overall I'm happy I did this little experiment as research for my final make-up outcome and would defiantly think about recreating this look again on other people and maybe my model for my final outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment