Pages

Tuesday 8 December 2015

Make-Up Assessment: Being The Designer & Peer Review

    This is my final make-up design that I gave to my partner to execute for me for this assessment, for my design I wanted a flawless base with contour and highlight to represent the modern trend in this current day and age, but to get that Elizabethan touch to my design I decided to 'bleach' my eyebrows and make my eyelashes white paired with a red lip which has modern and Elizabethan influences. As for the white streaky hand prints down my face and body, I put this into my design because I wanted to show how Elizabethans might have applied their white base and how it might have been streaky on their faces as well, I also did this technique because I wanted it to mimic the idea of a ruff which seeing all the white lines down my neck and chest I felt this did create the illusion of one.
      I thought Annabel did a pretty good job with my design, my favourite aspects of my design that she recreated on me is the white streaks down my face, neck, and chest along with the overall highlight and contouring of the face. These was my favourite elements of her work because I wanted them to be very intense to contract against the white face and body paint that would of been applied afterwards, and I felt she captured my vision in them elements.
    However I felt like a few things could of been improved, such as the base could of been a lot less full coverage and mask like, as I did request a more natural yet perfected face. I also felt like she could of cleaned up around the brows as they did turn out very messy looking, and also made the eyelashes a lot more opaque.
    I would say that both me and my partner was well prepared in terms of what we was doing when it came to our make-up assessment as we did practice our looks a few times and I made myself clear on what I wanted from her and how I wanted her to execute my design. We also understood each others wants from this assessment and was both accessible to each other if we needed to speak to the other about a concern we may of had.

No comments:

Post a Comment